Tuesday 29 May 2018


Noel Gallagher's songwriting has inspired several singer/songwriters including 19 year old singer/songwriter, Michael Mikey Brennan from Kent. 

"[Noel Gallagher is] a brilliant songwriter and a fantastic lyricist and poet, to me he's the Bob Dylan of BritPop (or Universal Rock as he prefers to be classed as, just like Green Day prefer to be classed as Punk Rock than Pop Punk - though I'm not sure if Universal Rock is an official genre -) his lyrics are fantastic and his guitar skills are superb and yet so simple, but at the same time their fantastic too. 'Wonderwall' is literally one of the easiest songs to play on guitar, anyway and everyone can play it, I can play it and I can't play guitar to save my life! If anyone tells you they can't play 'Wonderwall' they're wrong, they can, they've just never tried, when I first attempted it I learnt it in like 3 minutes, it's a peace of cake! - one of my favourite Oasis songs is 'She's Electric', an incredibly catchy sick tune, I particularly like the guitar solo, it's probably my favourite song from the '(What's The Story) Morning Glory?' album too, which is a fantastic album by the way, as is Oasis' before album, 'Definitely Maybe' (their debut album), an absolute classic. They're probably one of my favourite bands to be fair, but I wouldn't put them up there next to The Beatles (although both The Beatles and Oasis have been a massive impact on my own music style and songwriting and I love them both) as much as Oasis would love to be called The Beatles of their generation, I for one, wouldn't concern with that comparision, no band could or can ever compare to the brilliance of The Beatles, but on the other hand, like The Beatles, Oasis are just as unique in their own way and there will never be another band like them". - Michael Mikey Brennan 



No comments:

Post a Comment